Monday, October 7, 2013

Discussion: 7 Data Viz Sites to Inspire Your Creative Eye

Rene Hohls

October 7, 2013

From the Mashable.com website, these apps and sites for visual data display are part of a very interesting group of digital literacy tools used in various professions, including education. In designing my PLE's, it is becoming obvious to me that the visual display (and shorter attention span required to process it) is one of the fundamental elements that distinguishes the digital natives in our K-12 schools from their teachers. I also realized in making my PLE's that I could eliminate all those bookmarks in my IE and Chrome bookmark lists and give myself a visual display of my bookmarks. The more I use it and manipulate it to suit my needs and my own thinking, the more efficient and useful it becomes. I am wondering what other people are finding and how is it changing the way you organize yourself in the digital sea?


http://mashable.com/2013/10/01/data-viz-sites/


10/9/13 UPDATE - I used Symbaloo to create my 2 PLE's: a Personal Webmix and a Professional Webmix. When my 12 year old son saw what I had - he wanted me to show him how to make one for his school work. In one day, we had cleaned up our desktops, tightened up our bookmarks, eliminated clutter on our Chrome start-up pages and made our work streamlined and much more efficient. And of course, now all his friends want to know how HE did it! It's our little secret ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment