Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Physical Learning Commons - York University

York University Learning Commons


The link above will take you to an article about the York University Learning Commons.  Some of the pictures are spectacular.  Yes, the budget was $1.9 million but there are still some pretty good ideas for a physical learning commons.  I particularly like the semi-enclosed booths and I've heard of High School libraries that use booths in their libraries.  The glass enclosed classrooms are nice too.  I'm not sure what purpose the steps serve, they don't look too comfortable to me, though they seem to be well inhabited.  Anyway, I thought the photos were worth a look.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! The York library is beautiful. I especially love the round seating/steps.

    ReplyDelete