Saturday, May 10, 2014

Best AASL-approved apps

American Association of School Librarians. (2014). Best apps for teaching & learning 2013. 

I was forwarded this guide to AASL-approved educational apps. I have an iPad and the school I work in has a cart of 30 for the Computer classes and I expect this to eventually become the norm in the library. In the meantime, one must sift through an enormous amount of apps that purport to be educational. Having a guide can provide a standard with which to compare existing apps to.

The page with reviews is part of the larger AASL site. The 25 apps reviewed are organized by subject:

    Books
    Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
    Organization & Management
    Social Sciences

    Content Creation

I think it would be a valuable guide to any novice to intermediate librarian trying to stay abreast of developments that can alter or affect teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment